20170124_lumileds

Philips Sells 80.1% Shares of Lumileds to Apollo Global Management

Royal Philips announced that it has signed an agreement to sell an 80.1% interest in Lumileds, a leading supplier of LED components and automotive lighting, to certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE: APO) (together with its consolidated subsidiaries: “Apollo”). Philips will retain the remaining 19.9% interest* in Lumileds. An analyst […]

20161013_lumileds

Luxeon SunPlus Series Designed Specifically for Horticulture

Lumileds today introduced the LUXEON SunPlus Series, the company’s first line of purpose-built LEDs that provide the exact wavelengths of light required for horticulture applications. Based on the rapidly expanding world population and the increasing population in city centers, the horticulture industry is responding by growing more food indoors using LEDs, allowing a greater amount […]

20160916_blueglassl

Lumileds and BluGlass Collaborate for Developing RPCVD LEDs

Australian technology innovator BluGlass Limited has today announced that it has entered into an exclusive collaboration agreement with Lumileds. Lumileds develops, manufactures and distributes LEDs and automotive lighting products. The two companies will work together to explore potential use of low temperature RPCVD for specific LED applications defined by the agreement. This agreement follows on […]